Discussion on the Issue of "Lagu Recommends Unity in the Future"

January 25, 2011
Lee Kontibon,

Once again, you are wrong. Though I had problem with the conference ethical process, I particularly praised Lagu's advice. Here is what I said; "Ethically, he should have discussed such a matter in the office of the president of GoSS. Even though his criticism is constructive, its ethical process diffuses it. From my understanding, an advisor should be testifying on behalf of the government in issues or areas of his/her expertise." Therefore, he was hired to be a part of the government to give these advices in the office of the president, not to go out and make a conference call on a vague representation. A government representative would have said, we believe, we discussed, we are discussing, or at list I talked to the president, but that was not the case, was it? Yet, you based your judgment on wrong speculation. Parts that I did not like, I clearly talked about them. You were right when you said "No person would actually expected Lagu to say, “there must never be unity with you again in future." Also, no one would expect Lagu would recommend a unity. What would you think widow of Dr. Garang, soldiers in Bilpam and all people who lose dear ones would think? Have you notice that what he said sounds like what he must have said just before 1972? After I have been waiting for referendum, what would you think I want to hear from a government representative, a recommendation of the unity? People are getting ready to battle Abyei and the worries of whether the referendum results will be respected is still at steak. What world is Lagu living for God sake? Martin Luther King once said; A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on installment plan.
Mr. Lagu talked about the unity in a clear manners. He even talked about the previously two German countries as an example but did not give reasons of why hoping to leave the door open. Let me remind you of what he said; “My advice at the moment is that lets us leave the door open for the possible re-union of the Sudan. When they [northern Sudanese] come to their senses and remove some of the factors that caused the split within the country, then we could think of a re-union as one,” He cited East and West Germany, which was separated before it was reunified in 1989"

You thought I disliked "fighting tribalism, good leaders based on democratic principles and term limit" that Lagu suggested? Based on what Lee? You seem to be even coming out with even more baseless accusations. Let me ask you Lee; do you really have a passion on solving our issues? Do you feel the conflict or are you just looking at every man out there if not your tribe you assume discriminatory? Let me convey to you that most of our conflict starts on issues like what we have started here. Let me cut to the chest; Perhaps you are discriminating me without knowing. You assumed I disliked Lagu's suggestions, you assumed I want to keep the leadership, and so on and so forth while the truth lies out there. Take matters in the meanings in which they have bean verbalized. If you have a passion to solve our issues, you will apologize to me and never do it to anyone else again.

Lee, I don't want to continue this argument since you redesigned it and assumed it discriminatory without reasons, however, I would like to invite you to read it once again, and this time, pay attention to the title so that you properly get lead to interpret what is said in it. I would appreciate it if no assumption is taking place in any further discussion. My understanding is that you live in Australia. There are thousands of miles distance between us to just be able to read our minds remotely.

Giir
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giir,

Infect, what actually prompted your criticism of Luga was not his statement of future unity between South and north which was a good statement that any government officials must now adopt to making after the referendum to portrait a good image of Southerners in contrast to northerners, but the truth is, you were angered by Lagu’s suggestion that, “We need to fight tribalism by selecting leaders on the basis of good leadership based on democratic principles. Let us not repeat the mistakes made by previous regimes.” Also his suggest of term limit for president are the factors that contributed to your anger. No person would actually expected Lagu to say, “there must never be unity with you again in future.’ If he had to say that then he would look like a savage politician. This was what I meant when I said you might be a savage leader if you happen to say exactly that.

Kontibon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lee,

You said; "The future South Sudan if led by the way you conduct your politics, South Sudan would be among the savage countries of the world."

Its always hard to respond to your messages since you tend to use personal levels. I do not know you or things that motivate your behaviors towards my writings. I remember up to a few years of petty accusations you threw them on me. Today, you still generalizing my ideas just as you said "your politics" with no specification. What are you talking about? I am sure you have just voted for separation, were you a savage? Better yet, let me rephrase you; Giir is savage because he did not endorse the idea of talking about unity, we want to talk about unity, but we do not want unity. Where is the sense here, Lee?
Do I know you from some where? Do you tend to single me out for a reason? I don't want to accuse you of any thing but I am not sure you are behaving civilized.
Look brother, I am afraid you got it all wrong if you come in public with some God awful grudges to bark. You got to do more than that, say what is savage, or what savage is in my conducts.

Giir
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Giir,

The future South Sudan if led by the way you conduct your politics, South Sudan would be among the savage countries of the world. In politics image and words go together. When Lagu was talking of leaving the door for Unity open, it doesn’t mean he was pushing for the Unity of Sudan again. No, this is politics to make the North look more guilt than before and south more decent. After all the whole world is talking of Unity, African countries are talking of Unity even the Europeans are talking of unity, do you think such unity is achievable? Off course no. Africa continent will never be one country, but yet they talk of it.
Do not be too savage to that extend brother. Nobody can force south Sudan into unity again and if there is such idea in the future, it is the Southerners who will vote again to accept or reject it.

Kontibon

No comments:

Post a Comment